Friday, March 1, 2013

Wants

     Have you ever noticed that when you can't have something, it makes you want it more?

     This morning I had my second ankle surgery. I wanted to put lotion on because my skin was really dry (hello, I live in Alaska). But I couldn't. My lips were chapped. But I couldn't put Chapstick on. And I don't think I was even that hungry or thirsty when I woke up at 4 am to get ready for the hospital. But I think knowing that I couldn't have those things, made me want them even more. It's like our body preemptively misses things. Like we're preparing ourselves for the things we're going to be without already.

     It's not just material objects though. I just went to work on Wednesday and I miss my coworkers already. I miss my boyfriend already. I miss school already. I miss all these things, even though I haven't been without them for long. 

     Have you ever had that happen? Where something is off limits, but it makes you want it more? Say you're in school and you have this crush on a really hot guy, but for some reason you can't have him. Maybe he has a girlfriend or crappy parents. But it's the unattainable that makes us crave. I think our mind does this in more situations than one. It could be a diet, a potential lover, a job, a vacation, a material object. Leave your comments below and tell me what it is you really want right now, but you can't have. I'd love you hear from you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment