Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Mind

     It's almost midnight here in Alaska. My boyfriend is sleeping peacefully next to me. And I can't get a wink of sleep. Well, I was asleep. For some reason, now I'm not.
     I already have an overreactive mind at night, at least, that's what I tell myself. I'm constantly dreaming. I know experts say that it happens to everyone, but that's not what I mean. I mean I remember them all. Pretty much every single one. Most nights I'm up constantly because it's one dream after another. However; it's nights like tonight that my mind is overreactive in a different way.
     For the past half hour, every time I close my eyes I get these pictures in my head. I can't really explain them. They aren't scary or anything, but they freak me out. I think they freak me out because they won't go away, no matter how hard I try. It gets to the point where I just start crying and crawling into the fetal position. I don't really go back to sleep. I mean, obviously I do, but I'm not sure how. And later I always wake up in the middle of a dream anyways.
     It's like I can't get out of my head. I'm stuck. And that kind of scares me. Do any of you have these issues? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment