Friday, February 8, 2013

Mars and Venus

     Have you ever wondered how men and women can differ emotionally in complete opposite ways? My boyfriend and I will have been dating 10 months as of tomorrow. You would think that I'd have figured him out by now, but then he does something that makes me wonder.

     Lately we've been talking casually about moving in together. This would be a big step for the both of us seeing as neither of us has lived with a significant other. A few weeks ago I had made the comment that we could start looking at places once I got back from my vacation to Portland in July. He totally freaked out and said, "Let's just wait until that time comes." That was the end of the conversation. I figured, okay, this is something he doesn't want to talk about seriously right now. I'm okay with that. Like I said earlier, it's a big step. 

     Then on Tuesday night he completely threw me off. We're sitting down and he says to me, "So this guy I work with is building an apartment (or something like that) and I really trust his work. He asked me if I was interested. It'd be $1000 a month." By the way, here in Fairbanks, that's not that bad. He then proceeds to ask me, "Can you afford that?" Now I'm thinking, a couple weeks ago, you freaked out about us looking at places in JULY and it's February. At this point, I'm confused. My response was, "We'll see." I just got a new promotion and I'm getting a feel for how much I make a month.

     I started thinking that night about how different our brains and our emotions work. There's only one conclusion I could come to. That was the men work on their own terms. Or at least, my guy does. They seem to only want to be emotionally connected when they want to. If you go all emotional on them, they shut down. Maybe my man is just weird, but it seems like I still have things to figure out about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment